Sunday, April 5, 2009

To walk or not to walk

Katie found out about a half marathon in May which we are planning on doing together as a family. Some of us will run (obiviously not me) and some of us will walk. I am hoping to get clearance from the Dr this week to participate. Right now I have permission to do training walks but she won't clear me to enter until the lab tests come back. Last week I walked 2.8 miles on Monday and 2.25 on Tuesday then spent Wednesday and Thursday down and pretty much non functioning. By Friday I was regaining some strength & energy. This week I think I will try walking every other day and see if I can handle that better. Whether or not I get to participate I am excited for everyone else. I think it is going to be a great opportunity for Riley to see what she can accomplish before heading off to college the first week of June. I also think Kevin will excel and it will bring him a measure of self assurance. He continues to struggle in school and was recently "excused" from science and math. His caseload teacher is also his constitution & history teacher. She really likes him and loves his quirky personality. She is the only teacher who has not "excused" him from attending class on campus. When I was meeting with her to get the teachers editions for the math I will now be in charge of she asked about my health and I mentioned it may be chronic fatigue, she asked if I was sure is wasn't chronic Kevin!

No comments: