Sunday, April 5, 2009

Entering the 21st Century

I have had the same glasses for the last 4 or 5 years and have noticed over the last few months that when I put them down on a counter, bookshelf, table, etc. I can't find them. They are frameless and blend right into whatever surface they are on. I find myself running my hands across the surfaces hoping to bump them so I can find them. I'm sure it is an amusing sight and makes it appear that my sight is worse than it really is. I should probably explain that I need them for distance and take them off in order to read which means they are off on a regular basis. Since I needed a new perscription I decided that it might be time for new frames that I won't lose when I put them down. Joe helped me pick the new ones and assured me they look great. When I came home with them Greg said "wow, welcome to the 21st century mom". They are so different that I do a double take every time I see them in a mirror. I end up laughing and wonder if they are really "me". Since my insurance only allows new frames every other year I have plenty of time to get used to them. Riley and I tried to get pictures of both sets but it didn't work too well so you'll just have to use your imagination! The new frames have wide black arms and have black along the top edge. They are not quite the shape of cat eye lenses but they're close.

So now that I posted four in one day can I be lazy for four months??

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I don't have a good imagination!!! I wanna see pics!!!