Thursday, February 12, 2009

To celebrate or not to celebrate . . .

As previously mentioned Riley & Kelly are turning 18 - tomorrow in fact. I am uncertain whether or not this is something to celebrate. We have been listening to the "when I am 18" speeches for weeks if not months now so I'm sure that the rollercoaster ride is about to commence. Since they are number 7 & 8 in line to turn 18 you would think I'd have this down, but I am not looking forward to watching two more navigate the minefield of young adult life. We are taking odds on how long it will take before they realize that turning 18 does not mean total freedom from responsibility but in fact the exact opposite as we move from the manager role to the consultant role and they begin to take responsibility for their lives. Anyone want to step in and oversee this process for the next few years? We'll take them back when it's over!

No comments: