Sunday, March 20, 2011

My how time flies!!

Ok so I knew I had not posted for awhile but over 3 months - that was a shock to see! As always life is never dull in the Shoehouse. Christmas came and went with lots of joy and love, was that really 3 months ago? January brought many changes in our home. First off I have to say that Joe has an addiction to Craigslist that I just cannot understand. I guess it's the thrill of finding a bargain - or better yet a freebie. Despite my forbidding this behavior (like I can forbid him anything!) he continues to search the list daily. I did ask if he was going to search the list would he at least look for things we really need instead of just finding things for fun. We ended up getting a new set of sofa's for our living room which was really nice. We moved the old living room set to the family room - much to Tyler's dismay - and I finally got rid of my mismatched couches in the family room. The first morning Tyler came down and saw the living room furniture in the family room he cried "I want the old ones back! I can't play on these." The fun began when we realized the new sofa's did not match the wall color or the drapes in the living room which set off a chain reaction of events resulting in an entirely new room. Katie knew that one of the ladies at church was getting a degree in interior design & suggested we call her. We bartered her design services for Katie's photograhs of the finished product for her portfolio. So after Amie's first visit we spent several days - or maybe it was weeks - trying to agree on a new wall color. After having sample cards taped to the wall for several days we narrowed it down to four and bought sample sizes of each one. After painting them on the wall we scrapped them all and started over. I lost count of how many colors we actually looked at but we finally found one that we could agree on and the work began. Removing all the furniture, cleaning walls, taping baseboards & crown moulding, windows, etc. While we were busy painting Amie was busy trying to find accessories and drapes to match the new furniture. It was a great agreement. I destest shopping and Amie loves it. So she did all the shopping and brought everything over. All I had to do was choose what I liked and she returned the rest. With her help and gudiance we have a room that we absolutely love and thanks to Katie, Amie will have another set of photo's for her portfolio. Here's the finished product photographed by Joe on our little camera since Katie's are not done yet.






No comments: