Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The whole point

I know it's been a few weeks since I posted but life has been busy here in the shoe. On Wednesday October 15th we were able to accompany Carinna and her family as she received her endowments in the Sacramento Temple in preparation for her sealing to Greg on Thursday. What a wonderful experience, to be in the temple with four of our kids and Carinna's family. On Thursday the sealing was beautiful. As I walked into the sealing room and sat down Alana came over and asked if I had seen "that row". She was facing the window so I was looking at the window trying to figure out which row of glass she meant. I asked her which row I was supposed to be looking at and she said "that one" pointing to the first row of chairs. Sitting there were Brian, Katie, Amanda, Andrea and Todd. I had made a promise to myself that there would be no tears, only smiles that day. Looking at "that row" I came close to breaking my promise. Each time we take one of our children to the temple to receive ordinances there is a sense of relief and accomplishment. Relief that they have made the choice to be there and accomplishment that they have over come many challenges and struggles to be there. As I looked at each one of them and reflected on their journey to the temple I was filled with joy and gratitude for this gospel. For the atonement that allows each of us to repent and return to Heavenly Father. For the strength that comes daily by living the gospel. For the opportunity to have eternal families. Even though we have 6 more to get there and my parents and siblings were not able to be with us in the room that day I know that we can be together for eternity and that is the whole point, being together as families for eternity.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

That is so special to have your kids in the temple. Last time Kelly and Melissa were here we all were able to go to the temple except Leslie. I really felt someone was missing the whole time. I can't wait till she is endowed and can attend with us.