Sunday, June 21, 2009

Wake up call

This past week was girls camp for our stake. Friday was the last night of camp and the girls had the usual end of camp testimony meeting. Our stake president and his wife were there and spoke to the girls as well as bore their testimonies of Christ and the gospel. On the way home at about 2am President Wood and his wife were in an accident. Kathy died instantly and President Wood is in a coma in critical condition. Needless to say our entire stake is in shock. What a reminder that we never know how much time we have here. Today at church one of my friends who is related to them and knew them well made the comment that if anyone was ready to go it was Kathy. She had her life in order and truly loved Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. What an astounding comment and compliment. It made me take a step back and ask myself am I ready? Would those who know me best say the same thing? I am so grateful for a lovnig Heavenly Father who watches over us and gives us opportunities to learn and grow. Our hearts go out to the Wood family.

1 comment:

. said...

WOW! What an experience. I must say this topic has been top of mind lately. What an amazing teaching lesson for all that knew them - I am sure they were spectacular people.