Sunday, December 21, 2008

Early resolution

At the end of November the question was asked in Relief Society - "What are you most thankful for?" My immediate answer - family & friends. As I have reflected on that question over the last few weeks and also prepared for my lesson next week on Elder Worthlins talk "Come What May and Love It" I have been reminded of all the experiences that have come our way this year. It has been a year packed with family trips, moves and additions. Each of these experiences has added greatly to our lives and to our joy. While not all of them have been easy they have all been beneficial. As I study Elder Worthlins talk I realize that I am okay with the come what may part of it, over the years that has become natural to me, it's the "and love it" part that is often missing! In hindsight I can see and love the lessons learned from the challenge but in the middle of it I often lose that ability. So I think for next year that will be one of my resolutions - to develop the ability to love what ever challenge Heavenly Father sends my way while I am in the midst of it. Knowing the magnitude of that perhaps it should be my only resolution!

2 comments:

Cher said...

Merry Christmas to the Butler Clan from the Fitz-Gerald Clan. It was wonderful to see your family pictures. Your family has grown and almost doubled. It is amazing how life changes as your children grow up....We are experiencing life in the sandwich generation,three teenagers and my 84 year old father who lives with us since his debilitating stroke in Oct. 2006 and Kelly's mom turning 90 this year. Life has been full of family and animals. Wishing your family a wonderful 2009. Congratulations to Britney on her upcoming wedding and to Brian and Andrea on the birth of their children. To Greg on his recent marriage and Amanda on her new job in Alaska. Alex on her college life and the future graduation of Kelly and Riley. Kevin and Kaitlyn have a great year. Lots of blessed events have taken place in your family since the last time I saw you. Hugs to all and I'll share my favorite saying to you.
MAKE PEACE WITH CHAOS....
Cher Fitz-Gerald

Aunt Jenny said...

Have a wonderful New Year you guys!! Remember us????....the Pipes family (still in Manti, UT ...6 and 1/2 years now and with three more kids since we last saw you) Travis is 12 now! Justin is 23 and in Berkley with a good job.
I found your blog through Ruth's.
Love, Jenny, Steve, and all the kids